Like most businesses, content marketing and content syndication Should be your company’s main strategy to achieve greater results. However, if you are just starting your content marketing strategy, zero people will visit your blog or website regardless of how perfect content inside.
What is Content Syndication?
Let’s start with explaining the term “content syndication”. This is a way to repost content on other sites to reach a wider audience. It can increase higher traffic results and you will get a lot of more awareness of your brand. Besides, it can help you by building powerful backlinks, this also helps you by getting you more of the organic traffic you seek. With a content syndication strategy you can increase your sales or reachability.
What are the benefits?
If you have ever wondered on how to improve the visibility of your new or maybe older site, you need to try out the content syndication strategy. Major fortune 500 companies are already syndicating their content on major media outlets such as CNN, Fox News or even the New York Times. If it is just one article, you would probably have noticed that there are a lot of backlinks and sharing made with the articles written by the biggest news companies, or even multiple news sites sharing the same article.
Let’s think “outside the box”. There are millions if not billions of people who use the internet. If you are a beginner blogger you are not going to be able to reach all of your potential audience, even if you are writing the most brilliant content. You need to figure out a content marketing strategy which will help you use some bigger and more advanced blogs, news sites, or media outlets that have a higher authority than your own.
While sharing your content, or in other words “syndicating” it is helping you to reach more traffic and gain search engine rankings. The best side of this strategy is it‘s very cost effective and costs pennies compared to traditional marketing strategies.
If you are a brand-site that is selling items or services on the site, you should know what is content marketing and how it can benefit your site and sales. You have probably heard a lot that if you are going to syndicate your content or blog post you will probably get a Google penalty for duplicate content. This is absolute nonsense! It’s important to mention that syndicating your content is not only good for SEO optimization it is also an important marketing strategy.
Crucial Tactics for Content Syndication
Syndication of Third-parties
If you are a content creator or you own your blog website, you can ask if a third-party site wants to publish and syndicate their post or part of a content on your site. It is perfect if your blog post or part of the content has about 10% of other syndicated content. It is a good strategy for traffic generating as it can flow between valuable sites which can increase sales and your sites authority.
It is hard to find a reliable copywriter that can publish consistent, quality content for your blog or site, especially if you are running the multiple-author site. Quality content is even harder to find, because most of the time they have their own sites with posts and content they maintain. It is better to ask for the permission of that copywriter to publish their masterpiece on your site – ask for content syndication. In addition, do not forget about syndicating yourself. If you are going to repost your content on a third-party site, share one of your own blog posts.
Syndication Of Your Posts to Other Sites
If you are a publisher and you are making your own content, you can easily increase your traffic and search engine rankings (SERPS) by syndicating your content to other sites. By approaching other sites to publish your content you can get shared on site with higher authority and dramatically increase your reach. When approaching sites you want your content syndicated on your offers can come in a couple of types:
- Content that is all syndicated – this means that you are asking permission to syndicate your content on the other site without writing a post to the site.
- The Mix – this is an offer that is suitable for both parties. You agree to write an original post or part of the content for the site and they are syndicating your content. You can offer to write the posts a couple of times a month.
These two options are very good for any type of blogger that is just starting out and wanting to generate more traffic or sales. Content syndication adds an extra boost when you are providing valuable, high-quality content. Having high quality content greatly increases the chances that you are going to get guaranteed publisher placement. Think about it this way: if the site that you are wanting to publish on has a high amount of traffic, they will not want to risk their reputation and will likely not place content which is useless. As long as your content will go under their expectations and will add value, you will have a great traffic-boost.
Tips That Will Help You
Now that we have discussed a bit about content syndication, some of the types, here are some tips that will help you to start out building your traffic. These tips can increase your chances of success.
Do Your Research
The first step that you should take when building out this strategy – do your research! Doing solid research is the most important aspect of all marketing strategies. Research your subject and ensure that your content is high-quality, and adds value to the reader. Then, after researching yourself, find out about the publications that you are interested in. First and foremost, you need to reach publishers that are in a similar niche. For example, there is no sense publishing your post about flower seeding in a site that is writing about ventilation systems; you will get limited growth and your page intent will confuse Google web crawlers. When you find sites with higher authority, research or contact them to see if they are accepting the strategy of content syndication. If yes, communicate and talk about what is in it for them, suggest some guest posting, or content syndication.
Do Not Abandon Links
Remember that it is really easy to mix between syndication and link building. Yes, these two strategies are very similar but yet very different. However, link building is an added benefit in the syndication process. Backlinking is really important because the site that is reposting your content should contain some of the links that are called “canonical link” back to your site. The canonical links ensure the publisher site, and your site don‘t get penalized.
Finally, if you are doing this strategy to get more awareness and outreach, you have a good chance to create the “chain-strategy”. This helps especially then when you are creating really valuable content. Of course, you need to start by syndicating piece-by-piece, but if you are getting more successful, build a strategy where multiple posts are being published and syndicated in various of other sites. You can do it on your own if you have enough knowledge, but getting guaranteed publisher placement is a daunting task and it takes time navigating the publishing space. You may want to use Snap Syndication to guarantee your results. In this way,you will have more time to focus on what matters- building your business.
If you are deciding to put an effort into building this strategy, create high-quality content and be persistent. Publishers get hundreds, if not thousands of requests to publish.
Delving Deeper into the Specific Aspects of Content Syndication
In this section, we’ll explore in greater detail the specific aspects of content syndication, focusing on the SEO implications, the use of canonical tags, and the nuances of choosing the right syndication platforms. Understanding these elements is crucial for maximizing the benefits of content syndication while mitigating potential risks.
SEO Implications of Content Syndication
- Duplicate Content Concerns: A common misconception is that content syndication creates duplicate content issues, potentially harming SEO. However, when done correctly, syndication can actually boost your SEO efforts.
- Link Building and Authority: Syndicated content can generate valuable backlinks to your original content, enhancing your site’s authority and improving its search engine ranking.
- Brand Visibility and Traffic: Syndication increases your content’s visibility, potentially driving more traffic to your original site. This increased exposure can lead to higher organic search rankings.
Utilizing Canonical Tags in Content Syndication
- Purpose of Canonical Tags: A canonical tag (rel=”canonical”) is an HTML element that helps webmasters prevent duplicate content issues in SEO. It tells search engines which version of a page is the original or preferred one.
- Implementation in Syndicated Content: When your content is syndicated, ensure that the publishing site includes a canonical tag pointing back to the original content on your site. This signals to search engines that your site is the original source, preserving your SEO.
- Communication with Syndication Partners: It’s important to communicate with your syndication partners about the importance of including canonical tags. Providing clear guidelines can help maintain the integrity of your SEO strategy.
Choosing the Right Syndication Platforms
- Relevance and Authority: Select platforms that are relevant to your industry and have a good reputation. Syndicating on high-authority sites can lend credibility to your content and improve its performance.
- Audience Alignment: Choose platforms whose audiences align with your target demographic. This ensures that your content reaches the most relevant and engaged users.
- Quality over Quantity: While it’s tempting to syndicate on as many platforms as possible, focus on quality. A few well-chosen platforms can yield better results than numerous low-quality syndications.
- Monitoring Performance: Regularly monitor the performance of your syndicated content across different platforms. Use analytics to track engagement, traffic, and backlink quality. This data can guide future syndication decisions.
By understanding and effectively managing the SEO implications, utilizing canonical tags correctly, and carefully selecting the right syndication platforms, you can significantly enhance the effectiveness of your content syndication strategy. These detailed considerations ensure that your efforts not only increase your content’s reach but also contribute positively to your overall SEO and digital marketing objectives.
Detailed Guide to Implementing Content Syndication with Snap Syndication
In this expanded section, we’ll delve into a step-by-step guide on how to effectively implement content syndication using Snap SEO’s product, Snap Syndication. This tool simplifies the process of distributing your content across a vast network of over 300 news platforms, enhancing visibility and reach. Here’s how you can leverage Snap Syndication for optimal results:
Step 1: Preparing Your Content for Syndication
- Quality Check: Ensure your content is high-quality, informative, and engaging. It should offer value to your target audience and be free of errors.
- Optimization: Optimize your content for SEO with relevant keywords, meta descriptions, and titles. This helps in maintaining consistency in SEO performance across syndicated platforms.
- Identify Key Content: Choose articles that best represent your brand and have the potential for high engagement. Evergreen content or posts with broad appeal are ideal candidates for syndication.
Step 2: Using Snap Syndication
- Accessing Snap Syndication: Log in to your Snap SEO account and navigate to the Snap Syndication section.
- Entering Your Article: In the provided form, enter the URL of the blog article you wish to syndicate. Ensure the link is correct and the content is fully ready for public viewing.
- Let Us Distribute to our Distribution Networks: We will syndicate on over 300 news networks available within Snap Syndication.
Step 3: Get a Detailed Report
- Tracking Syndicated Content: We will supply you wil a total count of what networks / websites picked you up, as well a list of all the links we distributed your article on.
- Evaluating Success: Assess the impact of syndicated content on your overall marketing goals. Look for increases in website traffic, lead generation, or brand awareness.
Step 5: Refining Your Syndication Strategy
- Gathering Insights: Analyze which types of content and which networks yield the best results.
- Iterative Improvement: Use these insights to refine your content and syndication choices in future campaigns. Experiment with different types of content and networks to continually improve outcomes.
By following these steps, you can effectively utilize Snap Syndication to amplify your content’s reach and impact. This tool not only simplifies the process of content syndication but also ensures that your content gains maximum visibility across a diverse range of platforms, contributing significantly to your digital marketing success.
Leveraging Data-Driven Strategies in Content Syndication: Insights from Our E-commerce Case Study
In this section, we’ll explore how data-driven strategies, similar to those used in our successful e-commerce case study, can be applied to content syndication to maximize its effectiveness.
Identifying High-Potential Content for Syndication:
- Analyze your existing content to identify which pieces have the potential for high engagement and relevance when syndicated.
- Use data analytics to determine the type of content that resonates most with your target audience.
Strategic Keyword Integration:
- Incorporate “easy win” keywords into your content before syndication to boost its SEO potential.
- Regularly update your content with relevant keywords based on ongoing keyword research.
Competitive Analysis for Content Syndication:
- Conduct a competitive gap analysis to understand what types of content your competitors are syndicating and where.
- Adapt your syndication strategy to fill in gaps and capitalize on opportunities missed by competitors.
Monitoring and Adapting:
- Continuously monitor the performance of your syndicated content using analytics tools.
- Adapt your content and syndication strategy based on performance data to ensure ongoing effectiveness.
Building Backlinks through Syndication:
- Focus on syndicating content to platforms that can provide high-quality backlinks.
- Track the growth of backlinks and their impact on your site’s SEO performance.
By applying these data-driven strategies, you can enhance the impact of your content syndication efforts, similar to how we achieved significant results in our e-commerce case study. This approach not only increases the reach of your content but also contributes to your overall digital marketing success.
When you become an expert and have the right amount of knowledge, you can dramatically boost your traffic and SERPS with content syndication. It can also help you with visibility and brand awareness. Do not worry if you are just starting out, because there are a lot of copywriters that can help you write a high-quality blog posts or content. Just as well we offer content syndication solutions. We will syndicate your blog content or create the content for you and then syndicate it! If you choose not to use our solutions, take practice and learn from your mistakes. When you will reach the right level and find out what works and what doesn’t this strategy is enough to boost a stuck keyword or ranking.